As I sit down to write this post, I'm not sure what the affects of it will be. I am writing this post purely because I feel that I need to; I feel that God is leading me to. Something has been on my heart and mind over these past months; something that has been concerning me for two years now. This something is the need for Christians to step out and do something for our God. There is so much that needs to be done in our country and throughout the world; there is so much that we, as God's children, could be doing to share the love of Christ in whatever way we feel led, all for the glory of Him. There is just so much, but so few of us choose to actually step out and do something. Sure, we can all spend years talking about doing something, but when do we really step out and do it? When does the talking end and the doing start? It could very well start now.
There are so many passions that I have in life that I feel God is using or will use for His glory. Some of the things that He has given me a passion for, I have stepped out and pursued. Maybe not in big ways, but I am taking and using the passions that He has given me either way, big or small. My heart breaks every time I see a baby or small child that is nothing but skin and bones in a poverty-stricken country. When seeing those pictures, all I want to do is take that child and love and nurture them back to health. God has given me a passion for stopping poverty, and helping those who are living in it. The way in which I am trying to fulfill that passion, as of now, is by sponsoring a little girl in Rwanda, Africa. While that is not big; it is something. It is the way in which God has called me to take action in regards to stopping poverty, and it has blessed my life amazingly. One area that I have a passion for is reaching out to troubled teen girls in my own country; and showing them that they can find the True Love that they are looking for in Christ; a True Love that provides the Love that no man could ever give them; a Love that they are truly seeking after; a Love that can truly only be found in Christ. So far, the only way in which I have stepped out and followed this passion for God's glory is by being friends with troubled teen girls. That's it. Nothing big, but I do pray God uses it as He wills. Excitingly, God has been leading my best friend and I very strongly to start a ministry for troubled teen girls in the future. It will be a very long term goal, but most definitely a goal worth pursuing!
So, now that I have explained my passion and how I am stepping out and pursuing them; I want to ask you all some questions: What is your passion driven towards? How could you be stepping out and pursuing those passions for God's glory? Think about those questions. Is your passion driven towards stopping poverty in other countries? Then get involved with an organization that helps stop poverty, or start an organization with like-minded people over time. Is your passion driven towards stopping the sickening things that are happening in our very own country? Then find ways, start ways, or get involved with ways to stop those things. If you have a passion to start something that could take years to make happen, then start on it now; move toward that goal; pray to God that you can obtain it for His glory. We are God's people; His children. If He gives us a passion, are we going to sit here and just talk about how we could take that passion and use it, or are we actually going to step out and doing something with that passion? Over this past year, my eyes have been opened to how lazy we all can be in this area; but I have also seen the outcome when people have taken their passion and done something with it for God's glory. The results of that can be amazing! Yet, there are just so many teens; so many young adults; so many adults, even, that have such amazing passions but do absolutely nothing with them. This has got to stop! We are not called to live our life for ourselves; we are not called to do nothing. We are called to glorify God with our time here on earth; we are called to step out and do things for others so that they may see His love and His glorious name written across every word; every action; and every thing we do.
Today, as I was driving home from the store with my three sisters, the song "My Own Little World" by Matthew West came on the radio. As I turned up the volume and just listened; that song spoke to my heart. There is a bigger picture in life outside of our own little world; there is a greater purpose for our lives then just sitting in our own little world. I love these lyrics in that song: "Father, break my heart for what breaks Yours. Give me open hands and open doors. Put Your light in my eyes and let me see, that my own little world is not about me." We can do so much with God; we can do those things talked about, yet never done; we can step-out of our own little world; we can do all with the help of our God; we can do all with the One who empowers us with the ability and the strength to do so; we can do all things through Him! So, please, let us all step out of our own little worlds; let us all, as the children of God, make a difference in a world that is broken.
Thanks for writing this. It is much appreciated! It defiantly made me think. That is so cool how you are helping a child in Rwanda.
ReplyDeleteWhat I am trying to tell girls! That is partially why I started my mag! I want to encourage them to do something for God while they have the chance~ and to do it with all their hearts and not stop at the difficulty.
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to know someone else wants the same things. :)
That was really good sis. I needed that as I've become disheartened and distracted with some ministries that He's called me to. I need to keep His glory central and seek to glorify Him now through my obedience!
ReplyDeleteWell written sis, thanks again for posting.
Lovely, dearest. :) I am following your footsteps here and will be with you on the journey for sure. Bless your heart!
ReplyDeleteLove you bunches!
~Hannah